Webster House Vacation Rental in Vinalhaven
The Moses Webster House is a historic mansion on the beautiful island of Vinalhaven, Maine. Built in 1873 for the island’s granite baron, Moses Webster, it is considered to be one of the finest examples of Second Empire architecture and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This large vacation home is conveniently located in the town center, steps to the ferry boat, marina, supermarket, shops, restaurants, church, library, post office and bank, and has beautiful views of the English garden and Carvers Harbor.
The house features the original hardwood floors throughout.
- Large Livingroom with marble fireplace
- Double parlor sitting room (or bedroom) with marble fireplace, vintage tin ceiling and moldings
- Television/Media room with art deco period wood panelling
- Fully equipped kitchen with sitting for 12
- Spacious elegantly appointed dining room with sitting for 12
- Laundry room
- Full bathroom with shower
- 2 main entrances with vestibules and a grand wood staircase
- Front porch
- Rear Patio with sitting for 12 and BBQ
- Rose Room with a King bed and ensuite full bathroom with it’s original clawfoot bathtub
- Azure bedroom with a Full bed and a Twin bed
- Coral Room with a Queen bed
- Emerald Room with a Queen bed
- White Room with a Twin bed
- Full bathroom
- Second floor landing with sitting area
- Tower room with a Twin bed
- Den with a Twin bed
- Main room with a Queen bed and 2 Twin beds
- Full bathroom
This elegant historic island house is full of sunlight and is furnished with vintage European furnishings, rugs and artwork. A perfect home to relax and spend time with family and friends year round.
Price: $2,500/week during June & September
$2,750/week during July & August
Monthly and yearly terms available. Contact Steve for details.
Cleaning Fee: No
Amenities: 3 bathrooms. Washer/dryer.
Wi-Fi: Highspeed Internet
Contact Steve for booking details